Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The weekend




Jakub’s new session of ice skating started last night. We had decided to move him from the Saturday morning classes to the Monday evening classes because we thought the little girl he likes may night take Monday night classes which would mean Jakub would focus and so would the little girl. Turns out I was wrong she takes both Saturday and Monday lessons. I have to say last night was a pretty good night though, his teach said that he has really improved since even Saturday. I have to say that I do attribute it to this little girl he likes. He loves to chase her around and she likes to chase him too! I think things worked out for the better though because Shanon was feeling pretty bad that we were taking Jakub away from his new friend so now he doesn’t feel bad at all because she is there! By the way he now has two girls chasing after him!! I’m in such trouble!

The weekend was also very exciting! We had two Hershey Bears hockey games so Saturday night was ham shoot night, all fans in attendance were invited down on the ice after the game to shoot the puck at a cut out board and if you get the puck through the hole you win a ham. Jakub won a ham! He was so excited. Shanon and I decided that is what we would have for lunch on Sunday so I cooked that up and as we were finishing our lunch Jakub says “Mommy, thank you for making this dinner, it was the best dinner I’ve ever had!” Let me just say I was Mommy mush after that!! Then we all laid down for a nap, after we woke up it was time to head to the hockey game so back to Hershey we went. It was fan appreciation night that night and they handed us a scratch off as we walked in the door. Jakub’s scratch off won us a $25 gift card to Isaac’s, a local restaurant. Then after the game each player signed a stick and passed it out to people in the crowd, Jakub got a stick! He was soooooo excited, it just made his evening!

After we got home it was time to call my parents for my weekly chat. Jakub wanted to chat so he would chat then give the phone back on and off during the course of the conversation the last time he talked to my mom he was so sweet and said “Mammy (my mom), My Mommy has the prettiest blue eyes!” Once again I was Mommy mush!

I feel so blessed to have Jakub as my little boy every day is such an exciting day with him and I love watching him grow up and develop into such a polite and well behaved (most of the time) young man! I must say his father and I fall more and more in love with him as the days go on!

P.s. I believe I forgot to mention that Jakub was full of himself Saturday night and yes that's a pull up on his head, which was his idea!!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment