Saturday, October 8, 2011

Applefest


Today was an over the top great day!! We had such a nice family day I'm excited to share with all!

Friday night Shanon and I decided we were going to go to Biglerville for the annual Apple festival. I told Shanon that I wanted to get up, hit water aerobics then we can head to Applefest. He said well we should probably go early so with some complaint I agreed. We decided to let Jakub have a sleep over with us Friday night so of course Shanon and I didn't sleep and the lil man was up at 6! Needless to say I was tuckered out early today!

So we left for Applefest at 7 am and got there a few minutes after 8 when it opened. There isn't a whole lot to do there it's mostly vendors selling any kind of apple whatever you want and then it's a huge craft fair as well. We had fun eating our way and browsing at all the crafts. We took about 2 hours to go through it.

Coming back out the line of people waiting to get it was probably a good 50 people deep so we got there at the perfect time. We didn't have any traffic on the drive in either but on the way out it was miles and miles of cars backed up trying to get to the parking lot! It sure was a beautiful day though. Below are some pictures from Applefest.






 On the way to Applefest we saw a sign advertising a corn maize, I had told Shanon for years now that I wanted to do one so he said maybe on the way home we could do it so after applefest that is where we headed.

 Before entering the maze, we were told that the back of it is a little muddy. We said we should be fine but we have been having tons of rain the last month of so, so we figured it would be muddy, I must say we weren't prepared for how muddy it was!! Take a look at my shoes and pants below, Shanon's shoes above aren't much better!!

 It took us about 40 minutes to make our way through the maze so we were pretty proud of ourselves considering it takes most people an hour to an hour and a half. After the maze they had a corn box (instead of a sandbox) for kids to play in. I've got to say I liked it better than sand and Jakub had a lot of fun in there as well. They also had a hay ride which took us to a pumpkin patch where we could pick out pumpkins. On the hayride Jakub says to me Mommy, I have corn in my shoe can you get it out. It made me laugh, just like a sand box corn got in his shoe guess that was better then sand. Below is what Jakub picked out!! He really broke the bank with it too. The pumpkins were $.50 a pound Jakub's pumpkin ended up costing us all of $1.22, Shanon and I had a pretty good laugh about that.
 Jakub wasn't ready to leave though and they still had several other activities he wanted to do but he had a hair cut to get to so we figured we better call it a day. Shanon and I needed to get a shower, before his hair cut, because of all the mud! So we rushed home, took off all the muddy clothes shoes and socks and we each grabbed a quick shower. As soon as we were dressed we rushed out the door for Jakub's hair cut, below is a picture of the new cut!


We finished out the day with some Halloween decorating outside, blowing bubbles then we headed to Wegmans for some pizza and grocery shopping. Needless to say I'm beat!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment