Sunday, October 2, 2011

Weight

For me my weight has always been a struggle. I have a sweet tooth, like most people but I've also learned that I am a stress eater. As a result I have hit my all time highest weight ever! I was starting to have medical issues including problems with my hip so I finally have started to do something about it. I joined weight watchers.

A couple of weeks ago we had a meeting that hit home and really has been a good reflection back for me. The question was posed why did you join weight watchers and you didn't have to give an answer you could just think of it too and one person said health issues, I had to shake my head yes for this, another person said pictures and I had to shake my head for this too but there are many other reasons why I joined as well.

I keep thinking about pictures being such a motivating factor. Earlier in the spring Shanon took some pictures of Jakub and I and I thought this can't be me, I'm not this large because I didn't see myself that large looking in the mirror but truly I was!! So in May I joined weight watchers and to date I have lost 25 plus pounds. Family and friends are starting to notice and I'm getting some great feedback, however, pictures are still an issue!!

Jakub and I went home for a week a few weeks ago and we went to the beach, my Dad took a picture of Jakub and I and I thought for once I'll be happy with the picture, so when I got home and looked at it I still can't help but be disappointed because I'm still not looking like I thought that I looked. Sure clothes are bigger and I can even move down a size but it's so shocking to see pictures and still not be happy!!

Another thing we talked about was the mind. People would complain oh weight watchers doesn't help because I've joined and only lost 20 pounds and can't loose any more. Well, I'm thankful that my mind is in the right place because I have a definite goal in mind and I'm not stopping until I lose everything I want to lose. This does go to prove how powerful the mind is though!!

I've been so fortunate to have such supportive people in my life and am getting itchy for the end of this road. I'm really close to my first major goal and once that happens nothing will hold me back!

No comments:

Post a Comment